Effective December 1, 2014
This document concerns the terms of service for access and use for all digital services, and web properties belonging to or under the control of Yuri’s Night.
Who we are:
We are Yuri’s Night, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public benefit corporation incorporated in Santa Rosa, California. (“Yuri’s Night”, “We”)
Our websites and pages, and content under our exclusive control, reside at but are not limited to: http://184.108.40.206, http://220.127.116.11, http://yurisnight.org, and http://yur.is (“Website”, ”Websites”)
What we collect and when:
Automated Collection of Non-Personal Information: Yuri’s Night automatically collects certain information regarding your web browser and its capabilities, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and information relating to the duration of your visit and the way in which you interact with and browse our website. This information is contained in log files that are stored on our servers and networks.
Yuri’s Night websites and services may place “cookies”, which are text files, on your computer. Cookies are used to identify your specific browser and session, and in the case where you provide personal information or create an account, to track the status of your account (e.g. logged in, or logged out) and session information. Information within the cookies are transmitted between your computer and Yuri’s Night. You may disable cookies through your browser settings, but this may result in the inability to use the website and services to their full extent.
Accounts: If you register for an account or newsletter on our Website, we collect certain personally identifying information such as your name, email address, and other information. This information is used only to provide services to you, at your request and consent.
How we use this information:
We use the information your computer provides automatically, and any information you provide personally, for various purposes including but not limited to: providing and maintaining services for you, maintenance and analysis of our websites and services, tracking event information and metrics, contacting you, security and stability monitoring, website use, internal research, and ensuring your continued account access and functionality.
Where is the information stored? Is it secure? What if I want it removed?
Data for Yuri’s Night websites and services are stored in files and databases maintained by Yuri’s Night. Access to Yuri’s Night files and databases is restricted to the Yuri’s Night Executive Staff. Yuri’s Night considers personally identifying information that was not made public at your request to be confidential information and will protect it with reasonable measures similar to the measures we use to protect our own confidential information. However we cannot guarantee the absolute and perpetual confidentiality of any information. You unconditionally agree that you will not pursue Yuri’s Night with any legal measure or method for any such breach of confidentiality, and that you will indemnify and hold harmless Yuri’s Night for any and all damages that may arise connected to any such breach.
Removal of Content from Yuri’s Night Live: Your attendance at a Yuri’s Night event is generally considered consent for photography and the reproduction in any form of your likeness as captured at an event. However, if you believe that your likeness should be removed for a specific, demonstrable reason, please get in touch with Yuri’s Night by emailing [email protected] and inform us of the content, URL, and any reasons you would like for us to consider removal.
What you agree to by visiting or utilizing our Website:
By visiting our Website and/or utilizing our various sites and services, you agree to the following:
- Under no circumstance will you attempt to deface, compromise, alter, access, or attack any website, web property, third party account, service, or system belonging to or under the control of Yuri’s Night except as authorized by Yuri’s Night. For example, you may change your own account information but you may not attempt to change that of others.
- You unconditionally agree to the storage and maintenance of but not limited to all the aforementioned information and data.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that data you enter into our Website is properly entered. Some information you enter is by default meant for and disclosed to the public.
- You will indemnify and hold harmless Yuri’s Night for any unauthorized access, breach in security, breach of these Terms, or misuse of our Website resulting in the exposure or loss of confidential, personal, and personally identifying information.
- Yuri’s Night reserves the right to edit, reuse, distribute, or delete any information you submit to or store on our Website.
- Yuri’s Night is under no obligation to keep confidential any unsolicited creative or intellectual content sent to us. You agree that Yuri’s Night may use any such unsolicited content in any way, perpetually, worldwide, and non-exclusively, without any obligation or compensation to you.
- You agree that if you have a legal matter with which to contact Yuri’s Night you will follow the guidelines and rules specified at Contact without condition or modification.
- Yuri’s Night may update these Terms of Service at any time without notification to you.
- You agree to immediately exit our Websites if you do not agree to these Terms
Your use of the Yuri’s Night Website constitutes acceptance of the following terms.
In order to ensure the security and privacy of user information we require you encrypt legal documents before transmission to us using our yuris-night-public-key. To encrypt your documents with our public key you may use an application such as GnuPG, PGP, or GPGTools. This encryption is one way so that once you encrypt the information only we have the ability to decrypt it. If you require assistance, please email us at [email protected] without including the legal material, or contact your information technology personnel. The time impact of this requirement is minimal and your information technology department will be able to help you quickly complete the process.
Excluding only cases in which a nondisclosure requirement is included by a court of law we will immediately notify any parties for whom we have responsive data. We reserve the right to disclose the complete request to them and any communications between you and Yuri’s Night. We will deny requests that are overly broad. Absent a proper and valid legal demand authorized by a court of law we are unable to service any request for information pertaining to any user.
If you would prefer not to or are unable to encrypt your request prior to transmission, you are required to send your documents to our address on file with the California Secretary of State. We may refuse electronic submissions that are not encrypted.
Once you have encrypted the documents please email them to [email protected] for processing. The Yuri’s Night Terms of Service require this procedure; transmitting sensitive information without first ensuring it’s security is professionally and ethically reckless and may subject you to civil or criminal liability.
As Yuri’s Night is a United States company we will reject any non-U.S. legal requests.